Many-Strings provides educational programs for adults,
families, and students. Favorites include:
- History Through Music Live Music Programs:
- San Diego History Through Music
- California's History Through Music
- United States History Through Music
- The Music of Presidents Washington and Lincoln
- Love and Life in American Folk Music
- Songs from the Wild West, Cowboys, and Railroads
- Ships, Islands, and Pirates: A Treasure Chest of Songs
- Thanksgiving Notes: Melodies from the Pilgrims, colonial American, and more.
- Live Music Shows with a sing along option
- Presidents Day
- St. Patrick's Day-Celtic Folk Music
- 4th of July
- A Hanukkah Celebration
- Classical Music:
- The Evolution of Western Music: 600 Years in 60 Minutes
- The Music of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
- Vivaldi: The Four Seasons: The Music and its Sonnet
- The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach
- The Music of George Fredrick Handel
- Mozart: The Boy Wonder, his Music and Constance
- Mozart: The Concertos
- The World and Music of Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Classical Music Inspired by the Mountains: Strauss and Hovhaness
- Classical Music: Holst's "The Planets" and Science
- Smetana and Dvorak: Czech Creativity, Bohemia and the New World
- Ravel: The Expressive and Romantic French Master
- Rimsky-Korsakov: The Russian Master
- The Music and History of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture
- The Music of Tchaikovsky
- Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition
- American Creativity: Grofe and Gershwin
- The Music of Aaron Copland: An American Original
- Orchestral Music for the Movies
- The Music of John Williams
- Animals in Music: Classical and Folk Motifs
- Music Appreciation and Experiencing Music
- Jazz: Exceptional Creativity
- American Folk Music: From the Colonies to the Beatnik Coffer House
- Celtic Folk Traditions
- Little Surfer Girl Meets Eleanor Rigby: Rock's Golden Era
- Music and Meditation (Four Editions)
- Experiencing Music Through Percussion: From the Renaissance to Jazz
- October Music: Scary Tunes, Drumming, Singing, Poetry, and More!
- Guitar Classes
- Beginning Guitar
- The Guitar Circle
- Slow Jam Events
- Jamie also provides hammered dulcimer lessons. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for this wonderful musical experience.
- Chris offers private guitar and keyboard lessons. Please contact him at email@example.com.
Summer OASIS Music Events
- Music and Meditation, an OASIS Braille Institute Private Event, May 18th
- Reading the Treble Clef for Folk Musicians and Beginners, Grossmont OASIS Wellness Center, 5/21-6/18, at 2:30 pm.
- The Music of John Williams, Grossmont OASIS Lecture Hall, June 21, at 1pm.
- OASIS Slow Jam: A Treasure Chest of Songs, June 25-Aug. 13, Grossmont OASIS Wellness Center, 2:30. Bring any string instrument or your voice!
- A 4th of July Music Celebration with hot dogs! OASIS Learning Center, July 3rd at 11 am.
- A 4th of July Music Celebration, Escondido's CA Center for the Arts, Studio 1, July 3rd at 2pm. (OASIS public event)
- A 4th of July Music Celebration, Rancho Bernardo Library, and OASIS North County event, 5pm. Free thanks to the "Friends of the Library.
- History of San Diego Through Music: A live music event, July 11 at 10:30 am. at the Aqua Hedionda Lagoon.
- "The Roots of American Folk Music," a Many-Strings concert, hammered dulcimer and guitar. A free concert at the Mission Hills Library, thanks to the "Friends of the Library" and OASIS. July 14th at 3pm.
- Celebrate San Diego's Birthday with cake and a concert: San Diego History Through Music, Grossmont Learning Center, July 16 at 10 am.
- Many-Strings "Water Music" concert (hammered dulcimer and guitar), Braille Institute, private event. July 20. An OASIS event open to the public.
- The Roots of American Folk Music, a Many-Strings concert, hammered dulcimer and guitar, Aug. 13 at 10 am at the Grossmont OASIS Learning Center.
- Little Surfer Girl Meets Eleanor Rigby, A Music Appreciation Event at the Pt. Loma Library. Free thanks to the "Friends of the Library" and OASIS, on Aug. 15th at 1pm.
- A Treasure Chest of Songs: A live music event at the San Marcos Historical Society, Aug. 16th at 6pm.
- Music and Meditation at the Scripps Ranch Library, at 10 am on Aug 18. A free event thanks to "The Friends of the Library" and OASIS.
- The Music of Tchaikovsky, at the Grossmont Learning Center, Aug. 21 at 10 am.
Bankers Life Music Appreciation Series: La Jolla Community Center, sponsored by Bassie Kanon
- Jazz: American Creativity Front and Center. April 19, at 3pm
- 600 Years of Music in 60 Minutes: The Evolution of Classical Music, May 8th at 3pm.
- Orchestral Music for the Movies: June 12th at 3pm.
- The Music of Aaron Copland: An Exceptional American Composer, July 10th at 3pm.
- The 1812 Overture: Music and History, Aug. 14th at 3pm
- Grofe and Gershwin: the Ultimate Collaboration, Sept. 11th at 3pm.
History of California Through Music: live music performance: San Diego History Center-SDUSD's "School in the Park" program. January-June.
Santee Library Music Series
- Jazz: American Creativity, Front and Center, April 4th at 9am
- Grofe and Gershwin, May 11th at 10 am
- The Music of Aaron Copland, June 9th at 1pm.
- The Evolution of Classical Music, September, 5th at 9am.
- San Diego History Through Music: A live music show: Oct. 25th at 10 am.
- American Folk Music and the American Military Experience, Nov. 10th at 1pm.
Winter/Spring OASIS Music Events:
- Holst: The Music of the Planets, Agua Hedionda Lagoon Nature Center, Jan. 15 at 2pm
- Celtic Slow Jam, Mondays Jan. 22-March 5th at 2:30 at the Grossmont Wellness Center. All string and folk instruments and voices are welcome.
- The Music and World of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wed. Jan. 24 at 10 am at the OASIS Grossmont Learning Center
- Mozart: The Boy Wonder and Constanze, Wed. Feb. 7 at 10 am at the Grossmont Learning Center
- Jazz: The Music, Love and Life, Wed. Feb. 14th at 1pm, Grossmont Learning Center
- The Music of Presidents Washington and Lincoln: A Live Music Show, San Marcos Historical Society at 11am on Feb. 15th
- 600 Years of Fine Music in 60 Minutes: Sat. Feb. 17th at 1pm. a free music event thanks to the Friends of the Library!
- Celtic Notes hammered dulcimer and guitar concert: Note Schedule change: This event is now set for April 12th at 1 pm. Celtic Notes: A Many-Strings concert, at the Grossmont Center Learning Centering.
- The Music of the Wild West, the Railroads, and the Cowboys, A Live Music Event, Wed. Mar. 7th at 11am. San Marcos Historical Society,
- Celtic Music Music Appreciation sampling of gorgeous music, Thursday, at 10 am, Mar. 8th at the Grossmont Learning Center
- Beginning Guitar and Chord Review, Mondays Mar. 12- April 16 at 2:30 at the Grossmont Wellness Center
- Celtic/ Irish/ Scottish Sing Along: Music for Saint Patrick's Day on Wed. 14, at 1pm at the Grossmont Learning Center. I'll bring lyrics.
- Celtic Notes: A Many-Strings Concert, at the California Center for the Arts, on Thursday March 15th at 11am
- Music and Meditation, April 6th at 1pm at the Ramona Library, a free music-wellness event thanks to the Friends of the Library
- The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach, Wed. 18th at 10 am at the Grossmont Learning Center
- Water Music: A Many-Strings Concert on Monday, April 30th at the Aqua Hedionda Lagoon Nature Center, at 2:30 pm.
Recent OASIS and San Diego History Center classes include:
- The Music of the Renaissance and Medieval Era
- The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach
- Mozart: The Boy Wonder
- The Music of Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Music: The Planets by Holst
- Music of Tchaikovsky's Overture of 1812
- Concert by Many-Strings: December Notes
- Many-Strings Celtic Concert
- Music and Meditation: Music and Mindfulness
- A World of Percussion: OASIS Mission Valley
- A World of Percussion and American Folk Classics
- Seasonal Percussion
- December Sing A-Long
- St. Patrick's Day Sing A-Long
- Many-Strings House Concert: The Music of the Irish and Celtic Culture: OASIS Mission Valley
- Many-Strings House Concert: The Roots of American Folk Music, A narrated hammered dulcimer and guitar concert
- Many-Strings Concert: The Maritime Set
- Getting Your Guitar Ready to Play/ Selecting a Guitar
- California History Through Music: San Diego History Center (School event, not open to the public.)
- Educational Concert: The History of San Diego Through Music
- Educational Concert: History of the United States Through Music
- The Music of the American Revolution, A Sing Along Event
- Educational Concert: The History of San Diego Through Music: San Diego History Center
- Beginning Guitar Lessons: OASIS Mission Valley
- Celtic Irish Slow Jam
- The OASIS Slow Jam
- Folk Songs for Everyone!
1) Information for schools and non-profit organizations: The fee structure for these programs is very user friendly. Please contact us for a quote.
2) School assemblies for multiple classes are also available. Three 45-minute assemblies range from $100 an hour to $250 for a morning or afternoon.
3) Lessons for the hammered dulcimer are available: $40 for 45 minute lessons. We will provide the music. Guidance will also be provided on how to tune your instrument, acquire stands, string replacement, etc.
4) Lessons for the guitar are also available: $40 for 45 minutes. We will provide the music and provide guidance on such issues as tuning, string types, using a capo, where to get your guitar repaired, etc. For teachers: we can design the perfect sequence for your classroom.
Please contact us for specific price quotes and details.
Click here to view or download historical document from Sam Hinton: "Singing Through American History," which contains primary source information regarding music and United States history.