Many-Strings provides educational programs for adults,
families, and students. Favorites include:
- History Through Music Live Music Programs:
- San Diego History Through Music
- California's History Through Music
- United States History Through Music
- The Music of Presidents Washington and Lincoln
- Love and Life in American Folk Music
- Songs from the Wild West, Cowboys, and Railroads
- Ships, Islands, and Pirates: A Treasure Chest of Songs
- Thanksgiving Notes: Melodies from the Pilgrims, colonial American, and more.
- Sing Along or Listen
- Presidents Day
- St. Patrick's Day-Celtic Folk Music
- 4th of July
- A Hanukkah Celebration
- Classical Music:
- The Evolution of Western Music: 600 Years in 60 Minutes
- The Music of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
- Vivaldi: The Four Seasons: The Music and its Sonnet
- The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach
- The Music of George Fredrick Handel
- Mozart: The Boy Wonder, his Music and Constanze
- Mozart Part 2: The Concertos
- The World and Music of Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Classical Music Inspired by the Mountains: Strauss and Hovhaness
- Classical Music: Holst's "The Planets" and Science
- Smetana's The Moldau, Bohemia, and Czech Pride
- Ravel: The Epressive and Romantic French Master
- Rimsky-Korsakov: The Russian Master
- The Music and History of Tchaichovsky's 1812 Overture
- The Music of Tchaikovsky
- Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition
- American Creativity: Grofe and Gershwin
- The Music of Aaron Copland: An American Original
- Orchestral Music for the Movies
- The Music of John Willaims
- Animals in Music: Classical and Folk Motifs
- Experiencing Music
- Jazz: Exceptional Creativity
- Experiencing Music Through Percussion: From the Renaissance to Jazz
- Music and Meditation (Four Editions)
- Celtic Folk Traditions
- October Music: Scary Tunes, Drumming, Singing, Poetry, and More!
- Guitar Classes
- Beginning Guitar
- The Guitar Circle
- Slow Jam Events
- Jamie also provides hammered dulcimer lessons. Please contact her at email@example.com for this wonderful musical experience.
- Chris offers private guitar and keyboard lessons. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter/Spring OASIS Music Events:
- Holst: The Music of the Planets, Agua Hedionda Lagoon Nature Center, Jan. 15 at 2pm
- Celtic Slow Jam, Mondays Jan. 22-March 5th at 2:30 at the Grossmont Wellness Center. All string and folk instruments and voices are welcome.
- The Music and World of Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wed. Jan. 24 at 10 am at the OASIS Grossmont Learning Center
- Mozart: The Boy Wonder and Constanze, Wed. Feb. 7 at 10 am at the Grossmont Learning Center
- Jazz: The Music, Love and Life, Wed. Feb. 14th at 1pm, Grossmont Learning Center
- The Music of Presidents Washington and Lincoln: A Live Music Show, San Marcos Historical Society at 11am on Feb. 15th
- 600 Years of Fine Music in 60 Minutes: Sat. Feb. 17th at 1pm. a free music event thanks to the Friends of the Library!
- Celtic Notes hammered dulcimer and guitar concert: Note Schedule change: This event is now set for April 12th at 1 pm. Celtic Notes: A Many-Strings concert, at the Grossmont Center Learning Centering.
- The Music of the Wild West, the Railroads, and the Cowboys, A Live Music Event, Wed. Mar. 7th at 11am. San Marcos Historical Society,
- Celtic Music Music Appreciation sampling of gorgeous music, Thursday, at 10 am, Mar. 8th at the Grossmont Learning Center
- Beginning Guitar and Chord Review, Mondays Mar. 12- April 16 at 2:30 at the Grossmont Wellness Center
- Celtic/ Irish/ Scottish Sing Along: Music for Saint Patrick's Day on Wed. 14, at 1pm at the Grossmont Learning Center. I'll bring lyrics.
- Celtic Notes: A Many-Strings Concert, at the California Center for the Arts, on Thursday March 15th at 11am
- Music and Meditation, April 6th at 1pm at the Ramona Library, a free music-wellness event thanks to the Friends of the Library
- The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach, Wed. 18th at 10 am at the Grossmont Learning Center
- Water Music: A Many-Strings Concert on Monday, April 30th at the Aqua Hedionda Lagoon Nature Center, at 2:30 pm."History of California Through Music," a live music performance: San Diego History Center, January-June for the School in the Park Education Program.
Fall Semester OASIS Music Events:
- Open House Event: Sept. 7th, 11am-12pm, Grossmont Learning Center
- Music and Meditation: Fridays, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27 at the Grossmont Learning Center, 1:30 - 2:30 pm.
- OASIS Slow Jam and Beginning Guitar, Grossmont Campus, Mondays Oct. 9, 16, 23, and 30. at 12:45.
- Halloween Musical Celebration: N. Clairemont Library, Oct. 31, 6:30 pm. Free for you by their Friends of the Library.
- Classical Music: Grofe and Gershwin, Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 10:30 am. Grossmont Center OASIS.
- OASIS Holiday Slow Jam: Tunes to take with you! Mondays, Nov. 13-Dec. 4th, at 12:45 pm, Grossmont Center Campus.
- Many-Strings Hammered Dulcimer and Guitar Concert: The Roots of American Folk Music, Tuesday, Nov. 14th, 6:30 pm at the N. Clairmont Library. Free, courtesy of their Friends of the Library.
- Orchestral Music in the Movies, Coronado Library, Thursday, Nov. 16 at 6pm. Free OASIS event courtesy of their Friends of the Library.
- Classical Music: Vivaldi's The Seasons: Dec. 6th (Wednesday) at 10:30 am, Grossmont Center OASIS.
- Many-Strings Hammered Dulcimer and Guitar Concert: December Notes, Grossmont Center OASIS, Thursday, Dec. 7th at 1:30 pm.
- Classical Music: 600 Years of Music in 60 Minutes, at the Serra Library, Monday, Dec. 11th, at 1:30 pm. Free, courtesy of their Friends of the Library.
- Holiday Sing A-Long, an OASIS Event at the San Marcos Library, Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 1 pm. A free event courtesy of their Friends of the Library.
Summer Semester OASIS Music Events:
- Beginning Guitar and Slow Jam: June 12, 19, 26, July 3, 10, 17 at 12:45, OASIS Grossmont Center Campus
- United States History Through Music, A Live Music Event: June 29 at 1pm, Escondido Community Center.
- OASIS Slow Jam: July 24, 31, Aug. 7, 14, 21, 28 at 12:45, Grossmont Center Campus.
- 600 Years of Music in 60 Minutes (Classical Music Through Time): Grossmont Campus, July 6, at 11am
- The Music of Tchaikovsky, an OASIS event at the Pt. Loma Library on July 12 at 1pm.
- Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, OASIS Grossmont at 11am. on July 27th.
- The Music of John Williams, an OASIS Event at the Ramona Library on Aug. 4th, 1-2:30.
- Many-Strings Performs Water Music, an OASIS Event at Cypress Court, Escondido, at 3pm on Aug. 16. Hammered dulcimer and guitar concert.
- Orchestral Music for the Movies: an OASIS Event at the Santee Library at 10 am. on Aug. 25th.
Winter 2017 Semester OASIS Music Events (January, February, and March)
- Jan. 11th: Many-Strings "The Roots of American Folk Music” (hammered dulcimer and guitar concert), at Cypress Court, Escondido, at 3pm.
- Celtic Music for the Folk Musician: A Slow Jam: Jan. 24, 31, Feb. 7, 14, 21, and 28th (Tuesdays), OASIS at Macy’s. 1:30.
- Music and Meditation: 3rd Edition: Feb. 3: Macy’s OASIS at 1:30
- Classic American Folk Music: Feb. 21:: North County (10 am)
- Music for the Movies: Feb. 23rd: OASIS Macy’s Campus, at 1:00
- The Music of John Williams: March 6th, OASIS Macy’s Campus, at 1:30
- Celtic Notes: A Many-Strings Concert: March 16th at 1:30, OASIS Mission Valley
- Celtic Sing A-Long: March 16th, 2:15 at OASIS Mission Valley.
Fall 2016 OASIS Classes
- The Music of George Fredrick Handel: La Jolla Community Center, Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 1:30.
- History of San Diego Through Music: Wednesday, Oct. 19th, at 1:00 pm, Pt. Loma Library.
- The Music of Aaron Copland, Wednesday. Nov. 2nd, at 9:00 am. Santee Library.
- Music and Meditation: 1st Edition, Mission Valley OASIS, Thursday, Nov. 10th, Thursday, at 1:30.
- Music and Meditation: 2nd Edition, OASIS Mission Valley, Thursday, Nov. 17th, at 1:30.
- OASIS Slow Jam: Seasonal Music to Take with You: 6 Mondays, Oct. 24-Nov. 28, OASIS Mission Valley, at 1:30.
- Music Genres: What Are They? Monday, Dec. 5th, at 10:30, Mission Valley OASIS.
- Mozart Pt. 2: The Concertos: Dec. 6th, 6 pm-7:15 pm, North Claremont Library.
- Many-Strings in Concert: December Notes, Thursday, Dec. 15 at 1:30, OASIS Mission Valley.
- The Music of Tchaikovsky, Monday, Dec. 12th, at 10:30 am, OASIS Mission Valley.
Summer OASIS Classes
- The Gorgeous Music of Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade and more. OASIS Mission Valley, 1:30, Thursday, May 19th.
- Beautiful Classical Music Inspired by the Mountains, Tuesday, May 31st, OASIS Mission Valley, 1:30
- Mozart 1: The Boy Wonder: Thursday, June 2nd at the La Jolla Community Center at 1:00 pm.
- Mozart 2: The Concertos: Selections will feature his piano, woodwind, and violin concertos. Wonderful melodies from the master! OASIS Mission Valley on Tuesday, June 14th at 1:30.
- Animals in Music: Classical and Folk Music Selections: A whole family event at OASIS Mission Valley on Wednesday, June 29th at 10:30 am.
- Many-Strings in Concert: The Maritime Set. Hammered dulcimer and guitar. Gorgeous! Thursday, July 7th at 1:30, OASIS Mission Valley.
- OASIS Summer Slow Jam. Bring a guitar, banjo, fiddle, etc. OASIS Mission Valley on Thursdays at 1:30; July 14, 21, 28 and Aug. 4th.
- Let's Celebrate San Diego's Birthday: A Concert of San Diego's own music. Friday, July 15 at OASIS Mission Valley, 1:30.
- World of Percussion and American Folk Classics: Monday, July 25th at 1:30. Sponsored by the Serra Library...so, it's free!
- The Music of Aaron Copland, An Original American Classical Composer, OASIS Mission Valley at 1:30 on Tuesday, Aug. 2nd.
- A World of Percussion at the Pt. Loma Library, Wednesday, Aug. 17th. 1:00. Bring a drum or use mine...it's a free event brought to you by your library.
Recent OASIS and San Diego History Center classes include:
- The Music of the Renaissance and Medieval Era
- The Music of Johann Sebastian Bach
- Mozart: The Boy Wonder
- The Music of Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Music: The Planets by Holst
- Music of Tchaikovsky's Overture of 1812
- Concert by Many-Strings: December Notes
- Many-Strings Celtic Concert
- Music and Meditation: Music and Mindfulness
- A World of Percussion: OASIS Mission Valley
- A World of Percussion and American Folk Classics
- Seasonal Percussion
- December Sing A-Long
- St. Patrick's Day Sing A-Long
- Many-Strings House Concert: The Music of the Irish and Celtic Culture: OASIS Mission Valley
- Many-Strings House Concert: The Roots of American Folk Music, A narrated hammered dulcimer and guitar concert
- Many-Strings Concert: The Maritime Set
- Getting Your Guitar Ready to Play/ Selecting a Guitar
- California History Through Music: San Diego History Center (School event, not open to the public.)
- Educational Concert: The History of San Diego Through Music
- Educational Concert: History of the United States Through Music
- The Music of the American Revolution, A Sing Along Event
- Educational Concert: The History of San Diego Through Music: San Diego History Center
- Beginning Guitar Lessons: OASIS Mission Valley
- Celtic Irish Slow Jam
- The OASIS Slow Jam
- Folk Songs for Everyone!
Private Events: Many-Strings has provided numerous concerts for Scripps Health, The Cloisters of the Valley, Belmont Village Sabre Springs, Point Loma Golden Living, and Casa Loma (Casa de Mañana ) Also, St. Columbo Church.
1) Information for schools and non-profit organizations: The fee structure for these programs is very user friendly. Please contact us for a quote.
2) School assemblies for multiple classes are also available. Three 45-minute assemblies range from $100 an hour to $250 for a morning or afternoon.
3) Lessons for the hammered dulcimer are available: $40 for 45 minute lessons. We will provide the music. Guidance will also be provided on how to tune your instrument, acquire stands, string replacement, etc.
4) Lessons for the guitar are also available: $40 for 45 minutes. We will provide the music and provide guidance on such issues as tuning, string types, using a capo, where to get your guitar repaired, etc. For teachers: we can design the perfect sequence for your classroom.
Please contact us for specific price quotes and details.
Click here to view or download historical document from Sam Hinton: "Singing Through American History," which contains primary source information regarding music and United States history.