Many-Strings: Music and Music Education
Many-Strings is the musical collaboration of Jamie on hammered dulcimer and Chris on guitar. Their instrumental music is a delightful mix of Renaissance, Celtic, American and classical melodies. The rich interaction between their instruments creates a sound that is simultaneously upbeat and melodic. Jamie is inspired by the traditions of folk and Irish music, including Turlough O'Carolan. Chris' contributions reflect the diversity of the classical world along with his love for instrumental music.
Many-Strings proudly uses Countryman microphones during their performances. You can enjoy an article about our use of these excellent microphones at http://www.countryman.com/
- listeners praise their sound as"magical" (Spanish Village)
- with "perfectly blended notes that float through the air" (Grants Grove)
- "fantastic, joyous sound" (Dan McGeorge Gallery)
- "timeless and delightful" (Big Sur Coast Gallery)
- "unique and beautiful"(Coronado Eagle and Journal)
- In planning for your event we can create customized sets of music that feature American, Irish, Celtic, and classical selections.
Many-Strings Narrated Concerts (Hammered Dulcimer and Guitar):
- The Roots of American Folk Music: Renaissance, Bach, English, Irish melodies, concluding with traditional and contemporary American folk tunes.
- Water Music: Music from the sea, lakes, rivers, and the journey to America.
- December Notes: Seasonal winter, Christmas, and other holiday-themed melodies.
- Celtic Notes: Beautiful melodies from Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and other Celtic regions
- Notes for an Exhibition: A delightful selection of music that features the beauty of the hammered dulcimer and guitar.
- Romantic Melodies from the Classical World and Ireland: A wonderful sequence that includes Renaissance melodies, Bach, Beethoven, The New World Symphony, and much more.
We encourage you to contact us for any event where beautiful music is desired.
Many-Strings, San Diego, CA.
Our Performance schedule has included shows and events, such as:
1. Concerts: Mission Trails Regional Park, OASIS, The Serra/Presidio, San Diego History Center, The Point Loma Library, The Rancho Bernardo Library, Pt. Loma Library, Belmont Village: Sabre Springs, Mt. Miguel Covenant Village, and many other venues.
October 2017 Events
Oct. 6: Music and Meditation: OASIS Grossmont Center, 1:30.
Oct. 9: OASIS Slow Jam, OASIS Grossmont Wellness Center, 12:45pm
Oct. 10: Classical Music: The Evolution of Western Music, Belmont Village, Sabre Springs.
Oct. 11: Jazz: Exceptional American Creativity, Belmont Village Cardiff.
Oct. 13: Music and Meditation: OASIS Grossmont Center, 1:30
Oct. 14: Many-Strings at Point Loma's Public Market, Liberty Station, 11am to 1 p.m.
Oct. 15: Music for October! Private Show at The Cloisters
Oct. 16: OASIS Slow Jam, OASIS Grossmont Wellness Center, 12:45pm.
Oct. 19: Music for October! Private Show at Belmont Village, Sabre Springs.
Oct. 20: Music and Meditation: OASIS Grossmont Center, 1:30.
Oct. 21: Many-Strings at Point Loma's Public Market, Liberty Station, 11am to 1 p.m.
Oct. 22: Music for October! Private Show at The Cloisters, Private
Oct. 23: OASIS Slow Jam, OASIS Grossmont Wellness Center, 12:45pm.
Oct. 25: The History of CA Through Music, Private Concert at Canyon Villas
Oct. 27: Music and Meditation: OASIS Grossmont Center, 1:30.
Oct. 28: Music for October! Private Show at The Arbors, Private
Oct. 30: OASIS Slow Jam, OASIS Grossmont Wellness Center, 12:45pm.
Oct. 31: Music for October! Private Show at The North Clairmont Library, an OASIS event that is free with the generosity of the local Friends of the Library.
September 2017 Events
Sept. 1: The History of the United States Through Music, Private, at the Arbors Retirement Community
Sept. 2: Many-Strings at Point Loma's Public Market, Liberty Station, 11am to 1 p.m.
Sept. 4: The Music of the Wild West, Private Event at Mt. Miguel Covenant Village.
Sept. 7: OASIS Open House Event: Slow Jam, Meditation and Music, Classical Music
Sept. 8: The History of CA Through Music, Private Concert, Casa de las Companas
Sept. 9: Many-Strings at Point Loma's Public Market, Liberty Station, 11am - 1 pm.
Sept. 10: The Music of the Wild West, Private Event at The Cloisters
Sept. 12: Classical Music: Pictures at an Exhibition by Mussorgsky, Sabre Springs Belmont Village.
Sept. 15: The Music of the Wild West, at 4S Ranch, Private Event
Sept. 20: The Music of the Wild West, at Mt. Miguel Covenant Village, Private
Note We have been "spring cleaning," and if you are interested in any of the instruments or musical hardware that we have for sale please visit our "store" at https://reverb.com/shop/c-burns
August 2017 Events
Aug. 4: "The Music of John Williams" at the Ramona Library at 1pm.
Aug. 7: The OASIS Slow Jam at the Grossmont Campus at 12:45
Aug. 8: "The Music of John Williams" at Belmont Village, Private Show
Aug. 12: Many-Strings at the Liberty Station Public Market, 11am-1pm
Aug. 13: Many-Strings "Notes at an Exhibition: concert at The Cloisters, Private Show.
Aug. 14: The OASIS Slow Jam at the OASIS Grossmont Campus at 12:45
Aug. 16: Many-Strings performs the "Water Music" concert at Cypress Court, at 3pm.
Aug. 19: Many-Strings at the Liberty Station Public Market, 11am-1pm.
Aug. 21: The OASIS Slow Jam at the Grossmont Campus at 12:45
Aug. 25: "Orchestral Music from the Movies" at the Santee Library at 10am.
Aug. 28: The OASIS Slow Jam at the Grossmont Campus, 12:45.
Aug. 29: Many-Strings at Las Campanas for the "Water Music" concert, Private.
July 2017 Events
June 2017 Events
May 2017 Events
April 2017 Events
March 2017 Events
February 2017 Events
January 2017 Events
January Events 2016
Feb. 29: StriingsMany-Strings atPrebysCardio Vascular Institute
The Video section also includes our music videos, including "La Mer", "Natural Harmony", and "Borrego Evolutions."
You can sample our new CD, Notes in the Village, in the "Our Music" section of this site.This beautiful CD was recorded in Logic Pro with a stereo Rode microphone.
Our Education Commitment:
Chris has over thirty years of experience teaching San Diego, California, and American history through music, dance, and drama.
- He has led over 150 school assemblies focused on teaching children and adults historical music through vocal and instrument participation.
- He has taught classes for teachers at UCSD and SDSU.
- He also regularly teaches OASIS Adult Education classes
Please see the Music Ed. tab. for updated information related to his upcoming classes.